Since the start of the pandemic, we have observed several transitions among foundation CEOs. These transitions have come about in a number of different ways. A significant number of CEOs retired from their positions (and a few have been dragged back into the fold). Some transitions have occurred because of new (or renewed) foundation missions which necessitated changes in organizational structure. And others have come about due to the natural evolution of careers, interests, and opportunities. But whatever the case, understanding what these transitions are like for the leaders— current and former—is instructive to both the field and the larger community.
Join us for this lively discussion with new and former CEO’s about leadership, change, philosophy, and impact. And we’ll also get a glimpse of a life after or beyond “philanthropy.”
Following the program will be a reception to celebrate both the new CEOs and those that have left their institutions. Attendees will have the opportunity for one-on-one conversations with the leaders who have shaped and are shaping philanthropy in our region.
This event is open to NCG Members ONLY.
Come Join Us To
- Learn about effective management of transitions for both incoming and outgoing leaders;
- Hear stories, experiences, and insights about what it’s like to steer organizations that have such
- significant impact in communities and trying to address intransigent issues;
- Celebrate our philanthropic leaders
Speakers and Participants
- Dimple Abichandani, former Executive Director, General Service Foundation
- Fatima Angeles, Executive Director, Levi Strauss Foundation
- Ray Colmenar, President, Akonadi Foundation
- Janiece Evans-Page, CEO, Tides
- James Head, former President & CEO, East Bay Community Foundation
- Carolyn Kong, President & Executive Director, Asian Pacific Fund
- Daniel Lee, former Executive Director, Levi Strauss Foundation
- Dwayne Marsh, President & CEO, Northern California Grantmakers (moderator)
- Missy Narula, CEO, Crankstart Foundation
In-person Attendance Requirements
All attendees must follow NCG's COVID-Health & Safety Protocols, and be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and its variants, including the initial booster. We strongly recommend that you wear masks when not eating or drinking.