Has your institution put out a statement recently about Black Lives Matter and are now thinking about what to do next? Are you a funder or working at a nonprofit organization, and are interested in learning more about specific tactics, strategies, and best practices around race equity?
Join Philanthropy California, TRHT-LA, and evolve for a two-part webinar series with Equity in the Center and their “Awake to Woke to Work: Building a Race Equity Culture” publication and framework, for a critical conversation on the cases, tactics and tools that will drive action to combat structural racism in the philanthropic and nonprofit sector.
Presented by Equity in the Center’s Executive Director, Kerrien Suarez, this program will outline the need for building a Race Equity Culture in social sector organizations and introduce resources and provide strategies to help participants move from commitment to action.
Your registration admits you to both sessions. The full curriculum for Awake to Woke to Work will be covered over the course of these days. Please plan to attend both sessions.
Day 1: Friday, August 14 | 10:00 am - 12:00 noon PDT
Part 1 will be an introduction to the framework, revisiting content from Philanthropy California and TRHT-LA’s December 2019 program. This introduction will help ground people into Equity in the Center’s research designed to support leaders as they build and expand their organization’s capacity to advance race equity and transform their culture.
Day 2: Wednesday, August 26 | 10:00 am—12:00 noon PDT
Part 2 will delve in more deeply with the levers to build a Race Equity Culture. Participants will learn about the Race Equity Cycle framework, as well as the management levers organizations utilize to measurably shift organizational culture toward race equity.
These sessions will provide:
- An overview of Race Equity Cycle Framework
- Key findings from Awake to Woke to Work: Building a Race Equity Cycle Publication
- An overview of Management and Operational Levers to Build a Race Equity Culture
- Case examples of how organizations move through the Race Equity Cycle
Program Learning Objectives:
- Participants will be introduced to research and resources provided by Equity in the Center to support leaders and organizations in advancing race equity.
- Participants will understand key research findings from the “Awake to Woke to Work: Building a Race Equity Culture” publication, and how to apply the Race Equity Cycle framework in their own work.
- Participants will learn about management and operational levers that can shift organizational culture toward race equity.
$100. Scholarships are available. Please email email@example.com for details.
Facilitator Day 1
Facilitator Day 2