This event is sold out.
Are you a grantmaker or working in a nonprofit and interested in learning more about specific tactics, strategies and best practices around race equity? Philanthropy California and TRHT-LA invite you to join us for a webinar on December 3, 2019 to learn about Equity in the Center’s “Awake to Woke to Work: Building a Race Equity Culture” publication and framework. Equity in the Center’s research is designed to support leaders as they build and expand their organization’s capacity to advance race equity and transform their culture. During the webinar, Kerrien Suarez and Andrew Plumley will outline the need for building a Race Equity Culture in social sector organizations and introduce resources and strategies to help participants move from commitment to action. Participants will learn about the Race Equity Cycle framework, as well as the management levers organizations utilize to measurably shift organizational culture toward race equity.
Join us for a critical conversation on the cases, tactics and tools that will drive action to combat structural racism in the philanthropic and nonprofit sector. We will provide:
- An overview of Race Equity Cycle Framework
- Key findings from Awake to Woke to Work: Building a Race Equity Cycle Publication
- An overview of Management and Operational Levers to Build a Race Equity Culture
- Case examples of how organizations move through the ace Equity Cycle
- A Q & A portion
At this webinar...
- Participants will be introduced to research and resources provided by Equity in the Center to support leaders and organizations in advancing race equity.
- Participants will understand key research findings from the “Awake to Woke to Work: Building a Race Equity Culture” publication, and how to apply the Race Equity Cycle framework in their own work.
- Participants will learn about management and operational levers that can shift organizational culture toward race equity.
Current NCG, SCG, and SDG members, eligible non-members, and nonprofits.