Do you understand how to interpret the information in a nonprofit's financial statements, and do you know enough to spot a red flag or ask questions? For board members, executives, and management, having a good understanding of an organization’s financial statements is critical to plan for the future, build capacity, fund, and prevent fraud. But for individuals who don’t have a nonprofit financial background, reviewing these financial statements can be a daunting task.
Join Southern California Grantmakers, Northern California Grantmakers, and Moss Adams for this informative webinar where we’ll provide an overview of basic nonprofit accounting concepts and financial statements to help you better comprehend nonprofit financials.
Presentation topics will include:
- Characteristics of a nonprofit organization
- Differences between not-for-profit and for-profit financial statements
- Key areas of focus in financial statements of a nonprofit organization
- How to read and analyze the IRS Form 990
- Nonprofit financial ratios and how to use them to assess an organization's financial health
This program is open to members of NCG, SCG, Catalyst, and non-member funders.